The Shakespeare project is located in the area of the historic Shakespeare mine, ~80 km west of Sudbury, Ontario. The Shakespeare mine operated from 1903 to 1907 and produced 2,959 oz of gold, when gold was US$19 per oz.
Jamie Macintosh, CEO of Graycliff Exploration, discusses the company’s recent listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange stock market under the symbol GRAY.
News & Updates
Be the first to get notified on company and project updates from Graycliff Exploration.
Historic Gold Producer
Graycliff Exploration has 100% ownership stake in the Shakespeare gold project in Ontario, Canada. Our team has reviewed numerous historical reports and
we initiated our exploration and drilling program in Q3 2020.
The Shakespeare Project is located 88 kms west of Sudbury, Ontario.
- Just off the Trans-Canada Highway
- Power right to site
- Educated workforce
Shakespeare Mine was in operation from 1903-1907
- Historic exploration included trenching, sampling and limited drilling
- 2,959 oz of Au were produced from six underground areas
Well-known geology on the prolific Canadian Shield
- Project is located in a well-known geology on the prolific Canadian Shield at the contact between the Archean, Southern and Superior geological provinces
The Shakespeare Project consists of 39 mineral claims covering 847 ha in three contiguous blocks.
Phase One: Q4 2020 (Complete)
- 7 core holes drilled (~1,100 metres)
- New mineralized zone identified parallel to the historic 2014 zone in Cross Section AA
Phase Two: 2021
- Core drilling underway: ~ 1,000 metres
- Results expected Q2
Our team reviewed numerous historical reports and initiated our exploration and drilling program in Q3 2020.
Potential for Significant Mineralization
- Major north east trending faults cross through the area.
- A series of quartz veins and stock works of quartz veins, containing sulphides have been identified on the property.
- Quartz veins identified a considerable distance to then northeast of the former mine site suggesting a regional structure.
- Potential for other gold discoveries along the prospective Shakespeare gold bearing horizon of over 6 kms.
Graycliff Exploration has 100% interest in the Shakespeare gold project in Ontario, Canada.
The management and strategic investors in Graycliff Exploration own more than 60% of the company.
Management expertise in gold start ups with strong board with success in Canada.