A stock transfer agent or share registry is a company, usually a third party unrelated to stock transactions, which cancels the name and certificate of the shareholder who sold the shares of stock, and substitutes the new owner’s name on the official master shareholder listing.
Transfer agents perform three main functions:
- Issue and cancel certificates to reflect changes in ownership. For example, when a company declares a stock dividend or stock split, the transfer agent issues new shares. Transfer agents keep records of who owns a company’s stocks and how those stocks are held – whether by the owner in certificate form, by the company in book-entry form, or by the investor’s brokerage firm in street name. They also keep records of how many shares each investor owns.
- Act as an intermediary for the company. A transfer agent may also serve as the company’s paying agent to pay out interest, cash and stock dividends, or other distributions to stockholders. In addition, transfer agents act as proxy agent (sending out proxy materials), exchange agent (exchanging a company’s stock in a merger), tender agent (tendering shares in a tender offer), and mailing agent (mailing the company’s quarterly, annual, and other reports).
- Handle lost, destroyed, or stolen certificates. Transfer agents help shareholders when a stock certificate has been lost, destroyed, or stolen. Also in most cases a medallion signature stamp officer is the transfer agent.
Integral Stock Transfer Agency Inc.
100 Queen street east, suite 203, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 1S6
Canadian Securities Exchange under the symbol: GRAY
OTCQB under the symbol: GRYCF
Frankfurt Stock Exchange under the symbol: GE0
Shares Outstanding: 33.22 million
Warrants (Jan-Dec 2023, $0.30-$1.00): 7.59 million
Options (2024-2026, $0.15-$0.85): 2.77 million
Shares Fully Diluted: 43.59 million
As of November 1st, 2022
You can contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for our Investor Newsletter:
Build shareholder value through:
- Exploring the company’s mineral portfolio which is located in a favourable mining jurisdiction.
- Develop growth through acquisition and creation of project pipeline.